Reading & Writing Strategies
Below are links to free reading and writing tutorials through Student Lingo that are designed to help prepare you for college-level courses.
- Pre-Writing Techniques: Planning & Idea Development
- Developing A Strong Thesis Statement
- Drafting Introductions, Body Paragraphs & Conclusions
- The Revision Process: How To Proofread & Edit Your Writing
- Reading Comprehension Strategies
Research papers need to be properly cited. Below are links to the Purdue OWL websites that will provide you with information to incorporate proper citations. You may also contact the library for more information.
- Learn how to use the APA format
- Learn how to use the MLA format
- Learn how to use the Chicago style format
An excellent way for one to improve his/her writing skills is to take a class. A variety of writing classes are available through Kodiak College, both face-to-face and distantly.
Writing classes offered at Kodiak College- Spring 2013:
- Refresher Writing Lab – PRPE A082
- Introduction to College Writing – PRPE A108
- Introduction to Composition – ENGL A111
- Masterpieces of World Literature I – ENGL A201
- Masterpieces of World Literature II – ENGL A202
- Writing in the Social and Natural Science – ENGL A213