Writing Effective Resumes & Cover Letters
Looking for your first job after college can be stressful, especially if students are not prepared. Institutions of higher education need to help their students prepare now to job search later. This workshop will show students how to create a more effective cover letter and resume that will stand out to potential employers. Students will learn how to organize the information, be concise, utilize effective action verbs and express themselves in a professional and effective manner.
Objectives: Students will learn:
- Use the cover letter and resume to relate their education, experiences and achievements in a professional and effective manner
- Tailor their resume to different types of jobs
- Organize the essential information
- Utilize effective action verbs
- Prepare a powerful resume that will distinguish themselves from other candidates