Why Take an Accuplacer?
Accuplacer is a placement test that is required to determine which classes you are qualified to take...
What is included in the Accuplacer?
- The Accuplacer test includes a reading, writing (grammar) and math section
- New students will also be required to take the Learning and Study Strategies Inventory (LASSI) as part of the placement testing process
Does every student have to take the Accuplacer?
No. Students who place into college-level math and writing on the SAT or ACT do not need to take the Accuplacer. Transfer students who have completed both college-level math and writing do not need the Accuplacer either. Seek advising from Student Services if you are unsure if you need any or all parts of the Accuplacer.
What should I do BEFORE I take an Accuplacer test?
- Brush up on your reading, writing and math skills
- Create a student account if you do not already have one
- Make an appointment at the Test Center to take the Accuplacer
- Pay $15 testing fee to the Business Office
What should I do AFTER I take the Accuplacer?
- Contact your academic advisor or Student Services for an appointment to go over your test results
- Consult the Understanding Your Accuplacer Results handout to find out which math and writing courses you are qualified to take
- Review Degree Works for your program requirements
- Look at the class schedule in UAOnline to determine your schedule