Visual Learning Style
How do you know if you are a visual learner?
- You seem to comprehend new information when you can see a picture or graphic to illustrate it.
- If someone asks you for directions, do you tend to draw them a map?
- Do you often find yourself "doodling" while taking notes?
Implications for learning
- Using a search engine, one can easily locate images and diagrams for most concepts covered in a course. Take advantage of these resources.
- There is benefit to drawing things out for yourself and/or visualizing things in your mind. You may find it beneficial to draw concept maps to illustrate related ideas.
- Make use of your impulse to scribble by producing items that are related to the course content.
- Organizing information using colors may be especially beneficial for you. As you take notes, underline or highlight items using colors.