Verbal Style of Learning
How do you know if your learning style is verbal?
- Has anyone ever called you a "wordsmith?"
- Do you excel at word games ranging from crossword puzzles to tongue twisters to word related board games?
- Do you seem to have a knack for making up rhymes or acronyms?
- Do you consider your vocabulary to be more robust than most others?
- Do you look up the meaning of words that you do not know?
Implications for learning
- Recognize that being a "verbal" learner can be a real advantage, especially in an online course.
- Read the content of the course out loud to yourself. Verbal learners pick up on clues when they can both see and hear words.
- Make use of acronyms when memorizing or organizing content.
- Talk out loud to yourself and put the course content in your own words.