Tuition Waiver Application
Please take a moment to watch our video!
***THIS APPLICATION IS UNDERGOING SIGNIFIGANT REVISIONS FOR FALL 2014. PLEASE CHECK BACK AT THE END OF THE SPRING 2014 SEMESTER AND DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO APPLY!***
Fall semester application due date: August 5th each year
Spring semester application due date: December 10th each year
Each Fall and Spring semester the Kodiak College Tuition Waiver Committee awards tuition waivers on a per credit basis depending on funding available and number of qualified applications that are received.
- Are awarded per credit based on the resident undergraduate tuition rate at Kodiak College for the semester in which they are applying.
- Are awarded each Fall and Spring semester. Students must reapply every semester.
- Cover tuition charges only. Fees and books are the responsibility of the student.
- Have a 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA (high school GPA for incoming freshman)
- Be admitted to a degree or certificate program at Kodiak College. Students admitted to the CNA program or UAA Nursing and Education programs are not eligible to apply unless they are coadmitted to a Kodiak College program.
- Have completed course registration for the semester applying and be registered for at least 1 credit through the Kodiak campus (students taking at least 75% of their coursework from the Kodiak campus will receive additional consideration from the committee).
- Have submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), even if federal aid is not expected. The information from the FAFSA helps the awarding committee determine financial need. Students are encouraged to provide additional information about their circumstances if they are ineligible or do not qualify for federal aid.
- Submit a completed application by the stated deadline (see above).
- Do not submit this application without having your essay responses reviewed by a qualified individual (tutor, teacher, advisor, etc.).
- Blatant grammar and spelling mistakes may result in your application not being considered.
- Writing tutors are available in The Learning Center and appointments are recommended (required during the summer).
- To avoid lost work, remember to save your essay information in a seperate file (Word, Notepad, etc.) prior to submitting this form.