Tuition Waiver Application
Please take a moment to watch our video!
Fall semester application due date: August 5th each year
Spring semester application due date: December 10th each year
Each Fall and Spring semester the Kodiak College Tuition Waiver Committee awards tuition waivers on a per credit basis depending on funding available and number of qualified applications that are received.
- Are awarded per credit based on the resident undergraduate tuition rate at Kodiak College for the semester in which they are applying.
- Are awarded each Fall and Spring semester - students must reapply every semester
- Cover tuition charges only. Fees and books are the responsibility of the student.
- Have a 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA (high school GPA for incoming freshman)
- Be admitted to a degree or certificate program at Kodiak College (students admitted to the CNA program or UAA Nursing and Education programs are not eligible to apply unless they are coadmitted to a Kodiak College program).
- Have completed course registration for the semester applying and be registered for at least 1 credit through the Kodiak campus (students taking at least 75% of their coursework from the Kodiak campus will receive additional consideration from the committee).
- Submit a completed application by the stated deadline (see above).
- Do not submit this application without having your essay responses prooofread by a qualified individual (tutor, teacher, advisor, etc.). Blatant grammar and spelling mistakes may result in your application not being considered. Writing tutors are available to help in the Learning Center - click here for the current schedule.
- To avoid lost work, remember to save your essay information in a seperate file (Word, Notepad, etc.) prior to submitting this form.