Tuition Award Application
Please take a moment to watch our video!
Welcome to the Kodiak College Tuition Award Application (formerly known as the Tuition Waiver Application).
This application has undergone significant changes effective the 2014/2015 school year.
Please review the entire application and plan enough time to complete it before the application deadline. There are lots of helpful tips and resources noted to help guide you.
We look forward to reviewing your application. Good luck!
Fall semester application deadline: August 5th each year
Spring semester application deadline: December 5th each year
Each Fall and Spring semester Kodiak College grants tuition awards on a per credit basis depending on funding available and number of qualified applications that are received.
- Are awarded per credit. Each credit is valued at the current undergraduate lower division tuition rate at the Kodiak College campus.
- Are awarded each Fall and Spring semester. Students must reapply every semester AFTER they register from classes.
- Apply to tuition charges only. Fees and books are the responsibility of the student.
- Have a 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA (high school GPA is used for incoming freshman)
- Be admitted to a degree or certificate program at Kodiak College. Students admitted to the CNA program or UAA Nursing and Education programs are not eligible to apply unless they are also admitted to a Kodiak College program.
- Have completed their registration for the semester applying and are registered for at least 1 credit through the Kodiak campus. Students taking at least 75% of their coursework from the Kodiak campus will receive additional consideration from the committee.
- Have submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), even if federal aid is not expected. The information from the FAFSA helps the awarding committee determine financial need. Students are encouraged to provide additional information about their circumstances if they are ineligible or do not qualify for federal aid.
- Submit a completed application by the published deadline.
- Do not submit this application without having your essay reviewed by a qualified individual (writing tutor, English instructor, librarian, College & Career Guide or other individual approved by Student Services). In general, a friend, relative or classmate are not qualified reviewers, however, they are great resources to help you prepare a draft for your tutor session.
- Writing tutors are available in The Learning Center. Appointments are recommended (required during the summer). Contact (907) 486-1214 or (907) 486-1203 to arrange a time with a tutor.
- You may also use the free services of Live Homework Help to upload your essay and have it reviewed by a qualified tutor.
- Remember to compose and save your essay in a separate file (Word, Notepad, etc.) prior to submitting the application.