Familiarizing yourself with a computer will give you confidence in an eLearning course.
An excellent way to improve your computer knowledge and usage is to take a computer class. A variety of computer classes are available through Kodiak College, both face-to-face and distantly.
Computer classes regularly offered at Kodiak College:
- Keyboarding A: Basic Keyboarding – CIOS A101A
- Keyboarding B: Business Documents I – CIOS A101B
- Keyboarding C: Business Documents II – CIOS A101C
- Operating Systems: MS Windows – CIOS A113
- Word Processing I: MS Word – CIOS 130A
- Spreadsheets I: MS Excel – CIOS 135A
- Spreadsheets II: MS Excel – CIOS A230A
- Word Processing II: MS Word – CIOS A230A
- Introduction to Personal Computers and Application Software – CIS A105
- Computer Concepts in Business – CIS A110
- Introduction to Computerized Accounting – ACCT A222
- Internet Concepts and Applications - CIOS A146
Technology in your Life
Persons who regularly use several items of technology and who regularly complete tasks online will have the experience needed to be comfortable and confident taking courses.
Using an updated computer with high speed internet will make accessing your online course material easier.
In courses some technology vocabulary may be regularly used. Below are some websites that can help you to learn technology terms that you may encounter.
Additional Resources at Kodiak College
Here are a few websites that offer free computer tutorials:
- How Stuff Works - click on the computer option on the left menu
- Basic Computer Tutorial
- Outline of Computer Literacy Skills
- Technology Tutorials
- Computer Training
- GCF LearnFree.org Technology Tutorials