Blackboard usually works best using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. However, there have been several quirky issues lately. If you have any trouble viewing or using this Blackboard course, please try another browser to see if it works any better.
Browser choices: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Safari, and several others.
Report any problems (give specific details) to your instructor and/or call the UAA IT Call Center at 907-786-4646 (toll free 877-633-3888).
Download Free Plug-ins
There will be times when you will be accessing files that will require you to have updated "plug-ins" for on your computer, allowing you to view files of a certain type on your computer.
Go to the UAA Online Class Requirements website to check your computer requirements. This website will allow you to download the free version of each plug-in if you are missing any of them. You can also click on the hyperlinks listed below to download a specific plug-in.
You should have all of the Strongly Recommended Plug-ins:
Need help? Call the IT Call Center at 907-786-4646 (toll free 877-633-3888) for step-by-step assistance.
To learn more about Microsoft Office, click on the link below that will guide you a GCFLearningFree.org webpage. From there you can click on the version of Microsoft Office that you wish to learn more about. You can explore each of the Microsoft programs through the short videos and lessons.
An excellent way to improve your computer knowledge is to take a computer class. A variety of computer classes are available through Kodiak College, both face-to-face and distantly.
Computer classes regularly offered at Kodiak College:
- Keyboarding A: Basic Keyboarding – CIOS A101A
- Keyboarding B: Business Documents I – CIOS A101B
- Keyboarding C: Business Documents II – CIOS A101C
- Operating Systems: MS Windows – CIOS A113
- Booking Software Applications I: QuickBooks – CIOS 120A
- Word Processing I: MS Word – CIOS 130A
- Spreadsheets I: MS Excel – CIOS 135A
- Presentations: MS PowerPoint – CIOS A150A
- Filing – CIOS A164
- Word Processing II: MS Word – CIOS A230A
- Spreadsheets II: MS Excel – CIOS A230A
- Preparing Electronic Documents: Adobe Acrobat – CIOS A259
- Introduction to Personal Computers and Application Software – CIS A105
- Computer Concepts in Business – CIS A110
- Introduction to Computerized Accounting – ACCT A222
Visit UAOnline to view a full list of classes offered at the University of Alaska.