Prepare for eLearning
eLearning Preparation Checklist
After you have registered for an eLearning course, you should follow these instructions to prepare for the first day of class:
- Check to see if you have the technical requirements needed for the course. If you do not, you should plan to work on the class on campus in the Computer Lab or the Carolyn Floyd Library.
- Order your textbooks from the campus where the class originates. Textbooks can take up to two weeks to arrive, so plan ahead!
- Make sure you can log into the Blackboard site the course will be using.
- Make sure you can access your student email account since that is how your instructors will be communicating with you.
- If you need assistance with Blackboard or email access, please contact the UAA IT Call Center at 1-877-633-3888.
- If you need to take proctored exams on the Kodiak College campus, contact the Test Administrator to arrange.
If you would like to get help on campus, please see staff in the Computer Lab located at the Campus Center or call 907-486-1228 for assistance.
Degrees and Certificates Available by eLearning
Please note that Kodiak College does not guarantee that any of our academic programs are available entirely through eLearning. If you are restricted to taking eLearning courses only, you will need to discuss your situation with your program advisor who can help you determine how you can complete your program requirements. If your current program does not meet your needs for type of delivery required, please consult the list of University of Alaska eLearning program options to see what else is available.