Preparing for eLearning
Preparing for eLearning Courses
After you have registered for an eLearning course, you should follow these instructions to prepare for the first day of class:
- Check to see if you have the technical requirements needed for the course. If you do not, you should plan to work on the class on campus in the Computer Lab or the Carolyn Floyd Library.
- Order your textbooks from the campus where the class originates.
- Make sure you can log into the Blackboard site the course will be using.
- Make sure you can access your student email account since that is how your instructors will be communicating with you.
- If you need assistance with Blackboard or email access, please contact the UAA IT Call Center at 1-877-633-3888 for assistance.
- If you need to take proctored exams on the Kodiak College campus, contact Donna Jones, Test Administrator to arrange.
If you would like to get help with these items on campus, please see staff in the Computer Lab located at the Campus Center or call 907-486-1228 for assistance.
Please note that Kodiak College does not guarantee that any of our academic programs are available entirely through eLearning. If you are restricted to taking eLearning courses only, you will need to discuss your situation with your program advisor who can help you determine how you can complete your program requirements. If your current program does not meet your needs for type of delivery required, please consult the list of University of Alaska eLearning program options to see what else is available.
If you would like to learn more about distance education at Kodiak College, UAA, please consult the UAA Distance Education Student Guide , email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , or call us at 907-486-1266.