Kodiak AAUW Scholarship Application
American Association of University Women
Continuing Education Grant Instructions
The 2015/2016 application period has closed.
2016/2017 AWARD AMOUNTS: To be announced.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
1. Candidate must be a female who is pursuing college level studies at an accredited college, university or vocational school.
2. Candidate must be a resident of Kodiak.
3. Candidate must communicate a defined educational goal and specify when she intends to reach her goal.
4. Candidate should demonstrate commitment the chosen program of study.
5. Candidate should demonstrate active involvement in community activities.
6. Candidate should indicate financial need.
7. Preference given to non-traditional age students. This scholarship is not intended for recent high school graduates attending college for the first time.
8. Preference given to AAUW members or daughters of AAUW members.
Candidates must agree that should they be awarded a scholarship and decide not to attend school that they will notify the AAUW Scholarship Committee Chair as soon as possible (by August 1, 2016) so that effort can be made to award another qualified candidate.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Submit your application using this web form. It is recommended that you cut and paste your answers to application questions into a document that you can save in case of technical issues.
- One letter of reference is required. Please upload and attach your reference letter at the end of this form. Technical assistance is available at Kodiak College in the Computer Lab in the Campus Center. Call (907) 486-1228 for hours or more information.
Barbara Brown & Robyn Gallacher
Scholarship Committee Co-Chairs
117 Benny Benson Drive
Kodiak, AK 99615
Phone (907) 486-1266
Fax (907) 486-1264
Complete application, including letter of reference, must be received by
Friday, April 1, 2016 at midnight.
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF UNIVERSITY WOMEN
Continuing Education Grant Application