Learning Strategies Students Should Know
Excelling in college courses usually requires a different kind of studying than students did in high school. In order to excel, it’s critical for students to understand the difference between studying and learning. One of the best ways to make sure that students are learning, and not just studying, is to introduce the concept of metacognition. This workshop walks students through the basics of metacognition. Using language that students will understand, the expert presenter explains how this concept can be integrated into study strategies and ultimately how it can help students move up Bloom’s Taxonomy from lower level to higher level learning.
Objectives: Students will learn:
- The difference between studying and learning
- The basics of metacognition
- How to use metacognition when studying
- The study cycle learning strategy
- How this study cycle can help you move to higher learning levels