Effectively Communicating Online
Communication is key, especially when it pertains to online learning. This workshop will focus on how students can communicate in an online classroom to maximize teaching and learning. The presenter will discuss ways in which an online classroom differs from a more traditional face-to-face classroom and how students need to communicate differently online. Students will learn how to write discussion postings, follow explicit directions, and respond to other students and faculty members via email. Students will leave with specific reading and writing strategies, which will allow them to effectively communicate online.
Objectives: Students will learn:
- Differences between an online and face-to-face classroom in terms of reading and writing
- Strategies for writing an effective discussion posting
- Techniques for responding to students and faculty members
- Citation tools for online learning
- Reading strategies for the online environment