Undergraduate Certificate, Industrial Safety
The Undergraduate Technology Certificate programs provide entry-level skills in Welding, Construction and Occupational Safety and Health.
Hover over a question above to learn more
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply safety practices.
- Identify risks to life, health and property, and develop and implement strategies that prevent injury.
- Develop, implement, manage, and assess safety programs that comply with government regulations, industry standards, and best practices.
- Develop and implement a process of incident or injury investigations; properly collect, organize, and analyze appropriate information to link root causes with observed effects.
Industrial Safety Program Support Certificate Requirements: 33 Credits
- CIS A105 Inrtroduction to Personal Computers and Software Applications
- ENGL A111 Methods of Written Communication
- MATH A105 Intermediate Algebra
- OSH A101 Introduction to Occupational Safety and Health
- OSH A108 Injury Prevention and Risk Management
- OSH A120 Safety Program Management and Recordkeeping
- OSH A180 Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
- OSH A201 Workplace Injury and Incident Evaluation
- OSH A211 Program Assessment, Development and Implementation
- TECH A295 Technical Internship
Upon completion of this program, students are prepared for an entry-level position in Industrial Safety Program Support.