OEC in Office Foundations
The Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Office Foundations provides the foundational skills required for career entry in a variety of office settings.
For more information or advising contact Heather Corriere.
Office phone: 907-486-1212
Hover over a question above to learn more
- Demonstrate keyboarding skills of 30 net words per minute.
- Integrate basic skills that utilize features in operating systems; word processing, and spreadsheet software.
- Demonstrate oral and written communications skills that meet business standards.
Office Foundations OEC (9 credits)
This OEC is the foundation for the other program certificates as well as the CIOS AAS.
CIOS 101A Keyboarding A
CIOS A113 Operating Systems: MS Windows
CIOS 130A Word Processing I: MS Word
CIOS 135A Spreadsheets I: MS Excel
CIOS 146 Internet Concepts and Applications
CIOS 160A Proofreading (Proof of placement in ENGL 111 or concurrent enrollment)
CNT 165 Customer Service Fundamentals
This certificate prepares you for entry level office postions and is the basis of the other CIOS certificates.
- Drafting correspondence
- Entering data in spreadsheets
- Scheduling appointments
- Organizing and maintaing paper and electronic files
The average wage for an administrtive professional is $15-$18 per hour.
This field has high employment opportunities.