AAS, Technology Occupational Safety & Health Emphasis
The Associate of Applied Science, Technology degree program is designed to provide entry-level skills, continuing education and advanced technical skills in several specialized fields including Welding, Construction, and Occupational Safety.
Hover over a question above to learn more
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Understand, describe, and analyze the physical components found in technical systems.
- Understand and apply safety practices.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of science, math, and computers in technical fields.
- Identify risks to life, health and property, and develop and implement strategies that prevent injury.
- Develop, implement, manage, and assess safety programs that comply with government regulations, industry standards, and best practices.
- Develop and implement a process of incident or injury investigations; properly collect, organize, and analyze appropriate information to link root causes with observed effects.
Oral Communications GER (3CR) Select one of the following:
COMM A111 Methods of Oral Communication
COMM A235 Small Group Communication
COMM A237 Interpersonal Communication
COMM A241 Public Speaking
Written Communications GER (6CR)
ENGL A111 Methods of Written Communication
ENGL A212 Technical Writing
Mathematics GER (3CR)
MATH A105 Intermediate Algebra
Natural Sciences GER (4CR) Select one of the following:
CHEM A103/L Survey of Chemistry with Lab
CHEM A105/L General Chemistry with Lab
GEOL A111 Physical Geology
PHYS A123/L Basic Physics I with Lab
Technology Core Requirements
AET A101 Fundamentals to CADD for Building Construction
CIS A105 Introduction to Personal Computers and Software Applications
ET A151 Basic Electricity for the Trades
HUMS A153 Human Relations or HUMS A155 Human Relations in the Workplace
OSH A101 Introduction to Occupational Safety and Health
OSH A250 Hazardous Material Operations
TECH A101 Introduction to Technological Principles
Occupational Safety and Health Emphasis Requirments
OSH A108 Injury Prevention and Risk Management
OSH A111 Training Needs and Methods
OSH A120 Safety Program Management and Recordkeeping
OSH A180 Industrial Hygiene
OSH A201 Workplace Injury and Incident Evaluation
OSH A211 Program Assessment, Development and Implementation
TECH A295 Technical Internship
The purpose of this degree emphasis is to produce capable graduates who can plan for safe activities and direct safety programs in a variety of industrial settings.