Computer Literacy Basics
The links on this page will guide you through free tutorials that will provide you with basic computer information to increase your computer comfort level.
To be successful in most college-level courses, it is important that you become proficient with computers. Below are links below to view free computer basics tutorials from GCFLearnFree.org that may be a good starting place for you.
- What is a Computer?
- Understanding Operating Systems
- Understaning Applications
- What is a Cloud?
- Basic Parts of a Desktop Computer
- Buttons and Ports on a Desktop Computer
- Inside a Desktop Computer
- Getting to Know Laptop Computers
- Setting up a Desktop Computer
- Getting Started with Windows
- Connecting to the Internet
- Cleaning Your Computer
- Protecting Your Computer
- Creating a Safe Workspace
- Internet Basics
- Typing Tutorial
- How to Read a Webpage
An excellent way to improve your computer knowledge is to take a computer class. A variety of computer classes are available through Kodiak College, both face-to-face and distantly.
Visit UAOnline to view a full list of classes offered at the University of Alaska.
The free Atomic Learning tutorials on this page will walk you through some computer literacy basics. To access the Atomic Learning tutorials you must first click on the Atomic Learning box below to first sign into Atomic Learning with your UA ID and password. Please read the instructions in the box below for more details.
- H. Resources