Allied Health Program
Why Choose this Program?
- Fully Online (eLearning) Program: This allows for individuals who may not be near a traditional college to pursue an education in Medical Coding. It allows for flexibility.
- Experienced Faculty: The majority of the faculty, 75%, for this program currently works in the actual field. This allows for great real-world perspectives on the job and the workforce.
- Credential Preparation: An additional study course is available for students in preparation for the CPC examination.
- Cutting Edge Technology: This program is one of the few that offers the best technology for science lab work.
- Dedicated Career Coach: This program has a dedicated Career Coach who will work with the students to ensure successful progress and completion of the program. The Career Coach will assist with credentialing and locating employment upon completion.
- Specialized Job Placement Assistance: A Career Hub will be available to allow students to access open positions from employers in their area.
American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) (www.aapc.com)
American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) (www.ahima.org)
Professional Association of Healthcare Coding Specialists (www.pahcs.org)
National Healthcareer Association (www.nhanow.com)
You are also able to build upon your CPC certification into more specialized areas such as:
- CPC-H: This credential will demonstrate proficiency in coding and billing in an outpatient hospital or facility.
- CPC-P: This credential demonstrates proficiency in billing and coding in a payer environment (health plans, Medicare, Medicaid) where medical claims are processed for payment.
- Once experienced, there are several specialty credentials available to allow coders to validate their unique knowledge.
- Certified Professional Biller (CPB): Expertise in submitting claims in accordance with government regulations and private payer policies, follow-up on claim statuses, resolve claim denials, submit appeals, post payments and adjustments, and manage collections.
Even if Medical Coding is not your ultimate educational goal, it can be a great stepping-stone to consider for those interested in:
- Case Managers
- Business Administration
- Hospital Administration
- Medical and Health Services Managers
For more information contact the Career Coach, Stacy Fisher at email@example.com or call (907)654-7921.